This post was sponsored by Bubbies.
Halloween is just around the corner – my favorite holiday of the year! I love this time of year because it finally starts to cool down (a welcome change, here in Charleston!), the leaves start to change, and the holiday season commences. Of course, it’s not Halloween without sweet treats.
I am sharing my top six dietitian-approved sweet treats to celebrate the sweet and spooky season. All these options are either lower in calories or a natural source of vitamins and minerals.
Let me know over on Instagram what your favorite better-for-you sweet treat is!
- Apple Nachos: slice up this classic fall fruit into wedges and drizzle with no sugar added sunflower seed butter for a dose of heart healthy fats and top with plant protein rich hemp seeds and dark chocolate chips.
- Bubbies Pumpkin Mochi Ice Cream: this seasonal flavor is one you won’t want to miss. Made with premium pumpkin ice cream blended with warm seasonal spices all dressed up in sweet mochi dough. One mochi has less than 100 calories and all the Bubbies mochi ice creams are certified gluten-free, non-GMO and include no artificial ingredients or corn syrup. Find Bubbies near you by visiting the store locator.
- Clementine pumpkins: Get in the holiday spirit with in-season clementine pumpkins. Only 40 calories per clementine and a good source of fiber and vitamin C. Served with a low calorie/high fiber celery stem.
- Pumpkin-butter stuffed dates: dates are naturally sweet on their own and a good source of filling fiber.
- Sweet potato cookie cake: lower the fat and up the fiber, vitamins and minerals by added sweet potato to your cookies! Get the recipe here.
- Pumpkin butter chocolate cups: a four ingredient homemade take on traditional PB cups. Stuffed with creamy beta-carotene antioxidant rich pumpkin butter. Get the recipe below!