Transitioning to all things fall starting with these APPLE SPICE muffins packed with nutrients you need to start you day like fiber and whole grains. These can easily be taken from breakfast to DESSERT with light and fluffy truwhirl.
Fall is finally here and I could not be more excited! I love using seasonal produce like apples and pears to naturally sweeten a recipe that everyone can enjoy.
These muffins are a great on the go fall breakfast option. I like to make a batch on Sunday so I can enjoy them throughout the week. Cinnamon with baked apples tastes like a decadent fall treat and they go seamlessly in this recipe.
Hostess hack: take your muffins from breakfast to dessert with a swirl of truwhirl on top. Truwhirl is a better for you whipped topping free of high fructose corn syrup or hydrogenated oils. It comes in a squeezable decorating bag with a decorative dip so you can top your muffins, parfaits and lattes with ease. You can find it in the freezer section of the grocery store.
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Apple Spice Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple, peeled and diced
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- Topping: cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another medium bowl, toss apple pieces with cinnamon and coconut oil. Coat evenly.
- In another medium mixing bowl, beat egg. Add maple syrup and yogurt.
- Combine all ingredients together and form a uniform batter.
- Divide batter into about 10-12 lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow 20 minutes to cool before topping with Truwhirl and extra cinnamon.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
This recipe was sponsored by truwhip.