Apple and Cinnamon are just meant to be.
Meet my MINI apple cinnamon STREUSEL loaf made with unsweetened apple sauce, whole grain oats, yogurt & cinnamon spice.
I dreamt up this recipe last week when my ingredients were limited.
Oats and yogurt are staples in the fridge and pantry and when you don’t have fresh apples on hand, unsweetened applesauce it is!
I love using applesauce in recipes which allows me to reduce the amount of fat used. It adds moisture and that melt-in-your-mouth taste that is a mandatory criteria for baked good that come out of my kitchen.
What really makes this bread is the crunchy streusel topping.
Warm up a slice in the oven before topping with peanut butter for added staying power. Enjoy for breakfast, snack or dessert!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
Mini Apple Cinnamon Streusel Loaf
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 3 tbsp yogurt
- 1 cup gluten-free whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tbsp gluten-free whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Brummel & Brown Organic Buttery Spread (or ghee)
- 2 tbsp walnut, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together egg, oil, applesauce and yogurt.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl and incorporate into wet ingredients until uniform.
- Divide bread batter into two greased mini loaf pans.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine topping ingredients and crumble on top of each loaf with your hands.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Nutrition By Mia https://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!