It’s the most wonderful time of the year!
I love the holiday season but it can certainly be hectic and chaotic between the shopping, parties and touching base with family and old friends. I am all about healthy meals that are fast and convenient this time of year.
Something I absolutely loved growing up were 10-minute pizzas using tortillas.
I love making my own pizza crust especially with cauliflower or broccoli but tortillas will certainly save you time in the kitchen and be just as nutritious.
Yes, it is definitely a kid-friendly meal but adults can enjoy it just as much! I threw this veggie pizza together in less than 10 minutes using Maria and Ricardo’s flour tortilla as the base. Between their tortillas and the veggie toppings, these pizzas are packed with fiber for ultimate staying power. Fuel for holiday shopping!
What are some easy, healthy meals you are putting together this holiday season. I love seeing your ideas on Instagram!
Olives: Olives are a source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
Cheese: Cheese is a good source of calcium which is critical for bone health and is involved in many basic processes including muscle contraction, hormone secretion, nerve signal transmission and heartbeat regulation.
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced olives
- Cilantro to garnish
- 2 tbsp green onion
- 1 Maria and Ricardo's Orginal Flour Tortilla
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place tortilla on a baking sheet and bake from 3 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- Remove tortilla from the oven and spread refried beans evenly on top, then layer with salsa.
- Top tortilla evenly with shredded cheese.
- Top with tomato, olives, green onion and cilantro.
- Bake in the oven for another 4 minutes before serving.
This recipe was sponsored by Maria and Ricardo’s.