Summer has officially arrived with Fourth of July next week!
This holiday is all about celebrating and enjoying delicious food. Of course, summer is all about grilling and I can’t get enough of VEGGIE kebabs.
These are made with in-season bell peppers which are so naturally sweet and taste even better when grilled. Red onion gives them an additional pop of color. Eating a rainbow of produce means we are incorporating a range of phytonutrients with difference mechanisms that fight the aging process.
These are the perfect recipe to make this holiday if you are entertaining guests. They look pretty, are easy to make and are nutritious.
Lean protein + veggies + good fats from avocado = the perfect healthy summer meal.
These are made with Springer Mountain Farms chicken which us Charlestonians have enjoyed at some of the best restaurants in town including Husk, Poogan’s Porch and Hominy Grill. Springer Mountains is a family-owned business with over 350 family farms in the mountains of Northeast Georgia. All their chickens are vegetarian fed and humanely raised. In fact, they were the first the first poultry producer in the world to gain the endorsement of the American Humane Association under their American Humane Certified program.
Tune in to Good Food Friday tomorrow on ABC Charleston for more delicious and nutritious Fourth of July recipes!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
- 1 lb Springer Mountain Farms boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into squares
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into squares
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into squares
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- In a large bowl, whisk together avocado oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss vegetables and chicken in oil and seasoning mixture.
- Skewer on vegetable and chicken.
- Preheat the grill to high heat.
- Place skewers on the grill for 10-15 minutes and turning in between.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve with guacamole.
Sponsored by Springer Mountain Farms.