Thanksgiving is next week, can you believe it? Charleston is in full on Christmas mode but that won’t stop me from paying homage to my favorite foodie holiday.
It can be overwhelming if you are cooking on your own. This week, I am sharing simple recipes that are easy to throw together whether you are teaming up in the kitchen or flying solo.
What’s Thanksgiving without stuffing? This one is made with sprouted whole grain bread and lots of veggies.
For easy flavor, I used Pacific Foods Organic Bone Broth. I prefer bone broth to other broths and stocks because of its higher protein content. Pacific Foods Bone broth has 9 grams of protein per serving. I love the Turkey with Rosemary, Sage and Thyme for savory Thanksgiving dishes like gravy and mashed potatoes. If you need to add back moisture to an overcooked turkey, it works wonders!
Tune in this Friday to ABC Lowcountry Live for all my Thanksgiving healthy, time-saving tips.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup apple, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 7 slices sprouted bread
- 1 cup Pacific Foods Organic Turkey Bone Broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Set oven to broil.
- Place bread slices on a lined baking sheet and broil for 2 minutes.
- Cut bread into 1-inch squares and set aside.
- Set oven to 350 F.
- In a medium saucepan, saute celery, apple and onion in ghee. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add bread and Pacific Foods Organic Turkey Bone Broth. Stir to coat ingredients in broth.
- Add saucepan ingredients to a greased 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- Top with pecans, cranberries and parsley
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Sponsored by Pacific Foods.