Breakfast is served!
I am so excited to share this recipe because it basically tastes like pizza for breakfast but heavy on the veg part – TOMATOES!
Fun fact: tomatoes are botanically a fruit but for culinary purposes, are referred to as a veggies.
So, veggies for breakfast it is!
This recipe only calls for a handful of ingredients and is calling to be part of your weekend brunch menu.
What really bring this tart together is Pacific Food’s Organic Tomato Stock and Organic Tomato & Red Pepper Stock. They are available in convenient 8-ounce cartons and great to have on hand to flavoring any savory dish from your soups to your grains. True to their brand, their tomato stock is made with minimal ingredients: organic tomatoes, organic red belle peppers, seasonings and water – that’s it!
Tune in to Good Food Friday this week on ABC Lowcountry Live for more delicious and nutritious spring entertaining meals!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Insta!
- 1 pack pastry crust (can use gluten-free or whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Pacific Organic Tomato & Red Pepper stock
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Unroll pastry dough and cut into squares big enough to line each tart mold. Cut away remaining dough on the edges. Bake crust according to instructions in a preheated oven.
- Set the oven temperature to 400 F.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in avocado oil. Add remaining ragu ingredients and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Evenly distribute ragu into each tart shell.
- Top each tart with mozzarella cheese and sliced cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until tomatoes burst.
- Remove from oven and top with basil.