A refreshing and light strawberry lemon iced tea perfect for warm weather entertaining.
It’s that time of year – warm weather season! More backyard barbecuing and longer nights spent on the porch.
As a dietitian and food blogger, I like to focus on the food when entertaining guests. Beverages seem to fall by the wayside or I will turn to wine as an easy option.
This iced tea is perfect for the host short on time but wants something festive and refreshing to serve guests.
Last month I had the opportunity to participate in the Spring Food Awards as an AOL Lifestyle Collective blogger. You can meet the judges here and see the Spring Food Awards winners here.
One product I had a chance to review was the Capresso Ice Tea Maker. Sweet tea is a staple at social gatherings when you live in the south. I liked this tea maker because it is an easy way to prepare a spring or summer beverage for warm weather entertaining and even great for everyday use. This beverage is ready in ten minutes and uses seasonal strawberries.
Spend more time crafting the perfect menu and rest assured that the beverage is taken care of.
While I opted for the sugar-free version, I do recommend coconut sugar if you want to go the sweet route. The strawberries give it subtle sweetness which balances the tartness of the lemon.
Be sure to tag me on Instagram with your spring and summer entertaining beverages!
Strawberry Lemon Iced Tea
- 8 bags white tea
- 3 lemons, 1 juiced, 2 thinly sliced
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar to sweeten (optional)
- Add lemon juice, sliced strawberries and sliced lemon to the pitcher, plus sweetener if desired.
- Fill pitcher with ice to the ice level marking and place pitcher with lid onto the machine.
- Place tea bags into the brew basket and close lid.
- Turn on machine to brew.
- After brewing, pour tea into iced-fille glass and garnish with extra strawberries and lemon.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
AOL sent me product(s) to try that are featured in this post. As always, all opinions are my own.