Say Happy Valentine’s Day to your S.O. with Strawberries and Cream French Toast!
Strawberry season is practically here with spring just around the corner. Oranges get all the glory when it comes to vitamin C sources but strawberries actually pack more of the nutrient by weight. If you are fighting sickness (it’s that time of year!), vitamin C sources like strawberries may shorten the duration of a cold.
Strawberries and cream are a match made in breakfast heaven. Not to mention the red and white combination just screams Valentine’s Day!
This recipe packs a balance of fiber and protein from the cream cheese to keep you satisfied and energized throughout the morning. Don’t forget to serve it with your strawberry chia syrup! Chia seeds are great for making jams and syrups because they absorb liquid and turn into a gel. They may be small in size but they are also a nutrient powerhouse – think fiber, protein and omega-3 fats.
For the base of this recipe, I use Udi’s New Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread. Compared to otherbreads, the slices in their 24 oz loaves are bigger and softer in texture. Besides using them for sandwiches, they also make for a delicious French toast. Perhaps try it for your next weekend brunch spread?
If you make these, be sure to share with us on Insta!
Strawberries and Cream French Toast
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 6 slices Udi's Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1.5 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg and almond milk.
- Spread cream cheese on six Udi's Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread slices.
- Place sliced strawberries on top of three Udi's Gluten Free Delicious Multigrain Sandwich Bread slices and top with remaining three bread slices so that you have three sandwiches.
- Warm a greased medium skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip sandwiches into the egg mixture a few seconds on each side.
- Place sandwiches on the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, place all syrup ingredients. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until sauce thickens.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
This recipe was sponsored by Udi’s.