This dish makes me wish that summer would last forever!
Lemon grilled salmon topped with a colorful, phytonutrient-packed summer salsa made with corn, strawberries, cherry tomatoes and avocado. This is the perfect dish to serve at your next summer soiree (or enjoy on any weeknight!).
Because salmon is a fattier fish with a firm texture and rich flavor, it pairs perfectly with the grill because it can withstand the heat.
Salmon has always been my favorite fish. It’s loaded with omega-3 fats, melts in your mouth and one serving meets 100% of your daily bone-fortifying vitamin D needs (a nutrient found naturally in only a handful of foods!).
This dish will help you meet your recommended two servings of seafood per week.
Did you know that only an estimated one in 10 people meet this recommendation? I recommend that my clients start small like swapping out beef for salmon one night or your ham sandwich for tuna.
Seafood is a “protein with benefits”.
It is a high quality, complete protein with good fats like omega-3s that have been linked to reduced risk of heart disease. Eating seafood regularly has also been linked to brain health. DHA, a type of omega-3 fat found largely in fish, is an essential building block of the brain.
Join me in taking the pledge to eat #Seafood2kWk HERE!
Tune into Good Food Friday this week on ABC Charleston for Foods to fuel your workout and active lifestyle.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1.5 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 cup avocado, diced
- 3 salmon fillets
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Rub salmon flesh with olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Let marinade for 30 minutes.
- While salmon is marinading, make the salsa. Add all salsa ingredients to a large mixing bowl and toss to coat with lime juice. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Place salmon skin side up on the grill and close the lid. Allow to cooke for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip salmon skin side down and reduce heat to medium. Continue to cook for another 4 minutes.
- Serve salmon with brown rice and summer salsa.
Recipe sponsored by Seafood Nutrition Partnership.