Happy Thanksgiving week!
Who else is excited as I am about the food? It has all I have been thinking about for the past month… with back to back Thanksgiving segments and recipes for the blog.
Turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie are staples for any Thanksgiving menu… but don’t forget the veggies!
I brought together all my fall favorites to make the perfect seasonal roast. Delicata squash, brussels sprouts, green beans and potatoes.
A seasonal side to accompany your Thanksgiving spread.
I have been on a ghee kick lately and have been using it for recipes that require high heat. Since these veggies are heartier (think squash and brussels), they require a higher temp to get tender and crispy. Ghee has a high smoke point which makes it a good choice for a 400 F roast.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 delicata squash, cut into half moons
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp ghee
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Toss all sliced veggies except green beans in ghee, salt and pepper.
- Lay out veggies evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Toss green beans in remaining ghee, salt and pepper.
- Add greens beans to the baking sheet and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.