These pumpkin pecan sea salt fudge bites are the perfect fall treat. Sweetened exclusively with Natural Delights Medjool Dates, a good source of fiber and potassium, instead of refined sugar, a pure carbohydrate.
It’s that time of year… pumpkin is on everyone’s shopping list.
Puréed into soups and baked into bread, are two ways we enjoy this seasonal squash. However today I am sharing a new way to enjoy pumpkin… in my pumpkin pecan fudge bites!
If you are like me, you need a pick-me-up sweet treat on hand at all times especially when a craving hits.
For me that is typically midday or after dinner and I want something that is made with good ingredients so I can indulge mindfully. These bites fit the bill and are everything you could want in a fall sweet treat. Seasonal ingredients, fiber for staying power, a rich mouthfeel and just enough sweetness.
These fudge bites are sweetened exclusively with Natural Delights Medjool Dates instead of refined sugar.
Medjool dates are my healthy sweetening hack. By weight, they contain 50% more potassium than bananas so they are great for muscle fuel and recovery especially blended into a smoothie. Unlike refined sugar which is a pure carbohydrate, Medjool dates add sweetness but are also high in fiber which helps slow digestion and prevent spikes in blood sugar.
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp pecans
- Chunky sea salt
- Soak pitted Medjool dates for at least an hour in warm water.
- After an hour, drain dates and blend in a food processor. Add water a little at a time until you achieve a date paste consistency.
- In a medium bowl, combine date paste with pumpkin, coconut oil, cashew butter, pumpkin pie spice, ginger and cinnamon until you achieve a uniform batter.
- Divide batter evenly in a nonstick muffin tin.
- Place pecan on each and top with chunky sea salt.
- Freeze for an hour before serving.
This recipe was sponsored by Natural Delights Medjool Dates