In search of a delicious, elegant and easy summer dessert? Look no further.
Pie cups are the cutest way to enjoy pie (haven’t you heard?!). Not only are they perfectly portioned, they are customizable! Accommodate all your family and friend’s summer fruit preferences with this simple, no hassle dessert.
All you’ll need is a pre-made pie crust. I use the gluten-free mix by Bob’s Red Mill. Chances are, you already have some seasonal fruit on hand for the filling. Now that just leaves the crumble topping – I use nuts, oats and dates to sweeten.
This would be a elegant and easy to dessert to make if you are entertaining guests or in charge of dessert for a potluck. D0n’t forget to serve will ice cream!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Gluten-free Pie Crust
1/3 cup strawberries, diced
1/3 cup sweet cherries, diced
2 tbsp blanched almond flour
1 tbsp coconut sugar
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Cut pie crust into large circles using a cookie cutter.
3. Using your fingers, press each circle into your non-stick mini muffin tin.
4. Place crusts in oven for 5 minutes.
5. Remove crust from oven and stuff each with strawberries, cherries or fruit of choice.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk together topping ingredients and sprinkle on top of each pie cup.
7. Bake for another 5 minutes until crust is cooked.
8. Serve with whipped cream (optional).