Zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice, butternut squash fries.. these are some of my favorite ways to eat veggies!
Whoever decided to take our veggies and recreate them into our classic favorites is a genius. I know that mothers have found it to be an easier way to get their kids to eat the good stuff.
Zoodles are something that I enjoy all year round and it is all about the sauce and toppings.
Because they are light and mild in taste, it makes them the perfect vehicle for absorbing flavors.
Not to mention they look fresh and summery making them the ultimate summer hostess dish. You can pair this with a more substantial protein source to build a complete meal or enjoy it on the side as a complement to a heartier spread.
I topped these noodles with hemp seeds for a little bit of crunch and those heart-healthy omega-3 fats. Fresh pesto adds an earthy flavor and enhances that green color that we love in the summer.
Throw in some fresh cherry tomatoes for a pop of red and of course some mozzarella cubes because even veggie pasta needs some cheese.
If you make this, be sure to tag me on Instagram!
- 2 large zucchinis
- 2 tomatoes, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cubes
- 2 tbsp hempseeds
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- Spiralize zucchinis into noodles and add to a warmed skillet on medium heat with olive oil.
- Saute zoodles for about 5 minutes until tender. Set aside in a large bowl.
- In a food processor, pulse basil, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil.
- Add pesto to noodles and toss until the noodles are well coated.
- Toss in tomatoes and mozzarella cubes.
- Serve topped with hemp seeds.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!