Can you believe that the first day of summer is this week?
While it certainly has felt like summer for weeks here in Charleston (hello 90 degrees plus humidity!), I am excited to officially kick things off on Thursday.
Summer is such a feel-good season – even though I am still getting used to this humidity here after living in California my whole life. 🙂
I always associated berries with summer and my favorite by far are strawbs!
Fun fact: strawberries contain more vitamin C by weight than an orange. Berries may be small in size but they are one of the highest in antioxidants which may help slow down the aging process.
I have been dreaming up this strawberry bread ever since I started seeing strawberries in the grocery store and the Charleston Farmer’s market.
I have been enjoying this for breakfast! It’s balanced with fiber, antioxidants and protein from the almond flour.
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup date sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together coconut oil, eggs and cashew milk until uniform.
- In another large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until uniform.
- Carefully fold in strawberries.
- Pour batter evenly into two greased mini loaf pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes.