Nothing says spring like zesty, tart and sweet lemon BITES.
Yes… a bite-sized version of lemon bars! Does it get any better than bite-sized desserts? Cute, perfectly portioned and you can have two – three with no guilt. 😉
I am so excited about these because I used a new-to-me sweetener called Sugar 2.0.
It’s a blend of 50% fiber and 50% sugar. You can use it as a one to one swap in lieu of sugar in your recipes – baked good and even coffee. You still get the sweetness but for a third of calories, plus prebiotic fiber which supports gut health (win-win). One of their blends even has probiotics added which are beneficial bacteria that support digestion and immunity.
I’ve recommended this to many of my clients who find it especially hard to part with the sweet stuff. My clients who have had the most success have started with small changes and simple swaps whether it be one extra serving of veggies at dinner or replacing your sweetener in coffee.
Share your simple swaps with me on Instagram. If you make these, be sure to share with me as well on Insta!
- 1/2 cup Brummel & Brown Organic or ghee
- 1/4 cup Sugar 2.0
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 12 ounces tofu
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup Sugar 2.0
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together crust ingredients until you achieve a crumbly mixture.
- Press crust into a mini square baking mold or mini muffin tin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and allow it to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a food processor, combine lemon layer ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Pour lemon layer onto cooled crust and bake for an additional 25 minutes.
- Allow it to cool for 20 minutes before serving.
Sponsored by Sugar 2.0.