This is how I Friday: fluffy, anti-inflammatory golden milk PANCAKES made with antioxidant-rich Suncore Foods turmeric powder.
Happy Friday and almost weekend!
Do you have brunch plans? These pancakes are officially on my menu!
Golden milk has become super trendy in the wellness world – and with good reason!
TURMERIC has been prized for centuries for its medicinal-like properties. This antioxidant rich spice is packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Its contains a compound called curcumin which some research has linked to management of exercise-induced inflammation and muscle soreness (great for athletes!) and even helping to alleviate anxiety and depression.
These pancakes are made with Suncore Foods anti-inflammatory turmeric powder.
I LOVE their superfoods – everything from their cocoa nibs to goji berries to chia seeds. They are so easy to add to favorite meals like pancakes, oatmeal or yogurt for a boost of nutrient that support out body. “Super foods” is a general, non-medical term that is used to describe foods that have a high level of nutrients relative to the amount of calories that they contain. If you know me, you know I am all about seeking out nutrient dense foods!
While turmeric is usually used for savory dishes, these pancakes break all the rules in the best possible way.
I used raw honey to sweeten these and topping with vanilla skyr. Fluffy, nutrient-rich and 100% delish… the perfect weekend brekkie!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp Suncore Foods Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup yogurt, vanilla or flavor of choice
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup granola
- Add all Golden milk ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add flour, baking powder, vanilla extract and egg to the blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with yogurt, nuts and granola.
Sponsored by Suncore Foods.