Happy Hump Day! I am beyond excited to share this recipe today that I have been holding on to for a few weeks now: grain-free dark CHOCOLATE swirl banana loaf.
I love adding banana to my breads, cookies and muffins. It adds just enough natural sweetness and moisture which results in that melt-in-your-mouth feeling. Who doesn’t LOVE that?
This bread is also grain-free and made with coconut flour. Yes, even gluten-free friends can enjoy it. I love baking with coconut flour but have to keep in mind that there is a large liquid to flour ratio needed. As a result, this bread is denser than your typical breads. I actually prefer it and think it is reminiscent of the banana bread I love from Starbucks (does anyone else love that as much as me?).
Typically my coconut flour recipes are much higher in fat and protein, as well. This provides staying power and makes it a great snack option or midday pick me up.
The chocolate swirl makes it taste like dessert. If you omit it, this could definitely pass as a high protein and lower sugar breakfast option for those busy mornings.
Coconut Flour: This high fiber flour adds natural sweetness to any recipe. Its high fiber and protein content are what make this flour unique from its counterparts.
Banana: Bananas are a good source of potassium and dietary fiber. Enjoy them after a workout to replenish glycogen stores.
Let me know if you give it a try by sharing with my on Instagram!
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking power
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp coconut oil
Dark Chocolate (2 ounces)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine coconut flour, coconut sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
3. In another medium bowl, combine eggs, banana, and coconut oil.
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients using a mixer or food processer.
5. Transfer bread batter to a bread pan lined with parchment paper.
6. Melt chocolate over the stovetop in a small saucepan.
7. Drizzle chocolate over bread before placing in the oven.
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool before serving.