Three words: Dark Chocolate Hazelnut. Is there any better festive combination?
Let the holiday baking commence! I am scone-obsessed and this six ingredient recipe could not be any easier. Made with high plant protein and heart healthy fat hazelnut flour, chopped hazelnuts for crunch and dark chocolate chunks.
If you are ready to get your holiday baking on, then this is the recipe for you!
I spend every Christmas Eve baking goodies for my family, the neighbors and the carolers. It’s one of my favorite holiday traditions. Every year, I like to stick to some classic favorites like white chocolate gingerbread cookies and Russian teacakes. That being said, I also like to introduce new recipes into the mix. Last year chickpea blondies and black bean brownies.
This year, I am looking forward to using new-to-me flours like this hazelnut flour.
Typically I am a coconut and whole wheat flour kind of girl – hence most recipes on the blog. One flour on my list to try is chickpea!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram! What baked goods are you making for the holidays?
Dark Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Scones
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill hazelnut meal/flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine Bob's Red Mill hazelnut meal/flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and egg until uniform.
- Fold in dark chocolate chunks and chopped hazelnuts.
- Form mixture into a ball on a lined baking sheet and flatten it out until it is 1-inch thick.
- Cut into 6 even scones.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Recipe sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!