It’s officially Christmas cookie season!
Don’t get me wrong, I love a classic Christmas cookie when the holiday season comes around but I am ALL about simple healthy swaps that won’t compromise taste.
These crispy mint patties are so fun and festive. They only require a handful of ingredients and are perfect for the mint chocolate lovers in your life.
What is unique about these is that no flour is needed. The base of these cooked are Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps from One Degree Organic Foods – yes, the ones you eat for breakfast! Made with high-antioxidant cacao, low-glycemic coconut palm sugar and organic sprouted brown rice.
When it comes to grains and bread, opt for SPROUTED.
Sprouting whole grains results in a lower glycemic index level (slows digestion so you don’t experience spikes and dips in energy), releases B vitamins and is generally easier to digest. Similar to other One Degree Organic Foods products, the Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps are low in natural sweetener, plant-based and organic.
Find the recipe below developed by One Degree Organics. You can also find it here.
Tune in to Good Food Friday this week on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live for more healthy holiday entertaining tips and simple swaps!
If you make these, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crispy Mint Patties
- 1/2 cup walnuts, ground
- 3/4 cup One Degree Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps
- 2 tsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- In a food processor pulse the walnuts until they become small crumbles. Add the Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps and pulse a few more times so they are slightly broken.
- Pour mixture into a small mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Roll the dough into small balls, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and press flat with the palm of your hand. Place in freezer for approximately 30-45 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and stir in the peppermint extract. Set aside.
- Once the patties have frozen, dip them one by one into the melted chocolate and return to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Chill in the freezer again until the chocolate coating has hardened.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by One Degree Organics.