This blueberry crumble skillet is perfect for warm weather entertaining. Made with organic and sustainable ingredients – organic blueberries, a crunchy grain-free crumble and Rigoni di Asiago’s organic wild blueberry spread sweetened with apple juice (no sugar added).
With spring coming to a close and summer upon us, I am excited to include more fresh berries in my recipes.
Berries are in season in the warmer months. Produce in season is not only sustainable, it also tends to be higher in nutrition and more affordable. Berries are among the highest antioxidant-containing fruits. Antioxidants fight free radicals in the body to help combat oxidative stress on our cells and DNA thereby potentially warding off disease.
This blueberry crumble skillet is the ultimate warm weather entertaining dessert.
It is one of those dishes that you can take from the oven immediately to the table for serving. Everything looks presentable when it is made in a cast iron skillet! What I especially love about this dessert is how easy it is to put together. While I used blueberries for this crumble, feel free to include other in-season produce like apricots, peaches, strawberries or blackberries.
Instead of adding sugar, butter and refined flour found in a traditional crumble, I used coconut oil, nuts and fruit to create a crumbly, slightly sweet dessert high in nutrition.
In addition to the fresh blueberries, I added Rigoni di Asiago’s Organic Wild Blueberry Fruit Spread. Unlike traditional fruit jams and spreads, this is sweetened with apple juice instead of refined sugar. Apple juice is superior to traditional sugar because it boasts some nutrition like vitamin C.
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram with your warm weather entertaining dishes and keep an eye out for a big warm weather giveaway coming soon!
- 2.5 cups blueberries
- 1/4 cup Rigoni di Asiago's Organic Wild Blueberry Spread
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Rigoni di Asiago Organic Italian Acacia Raw Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch cast iron skillet.
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries with Rigoni di Asiago's Organic Wild Blueberry Spread.
- Add berries to the skillet and cover skillet evenly.
- In a food processor, combine crumble topping ingredients.
- Sprinkle crumble topping evenly over blueberries.
- Bake skillet for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving with whipped cream or ice cream.
This recipe was sponsored by Rigoni di Asiago.