Raise your hand if you are a pasta lover!
This dish is super fresh, flavorful and filling. A good balance of protein, fiber and healthy fats, you can enjoy it for lunch, dinner or as a side dish to a party.
What is unique about this dish is that it is not made with your typical carbohydrate-based pasta. Instead, I’ve used a LEGUME pasta.
This is the one tip that I share with ALL of my clients (including my gluten-free and weight management clients). That is to swap out regular pasta for legume pasta. It is similar in taste (a little chewier) and unlike traditional pasta which is primarily carbohydrates, legume pastas boast fiber and protein. These two nutrients keep us full until our next meal.
This dish is made with TOLERANT legume pasta which I love because it’s all organic and made with simple ingredients. The Simply Legumes Pasta is my favorite because it is only made with one ingredient – LENTILS!
Tune in to Good Food Friday this week on ABC WCIV Lowcountry Live for tips on how to eat gluten-free in honor of National Gluten-Free Day!
If you make this, be sure to share with me on Instagram!
Avocado Lentil Pasta
- 1 box Tolerant Legume Pasta
- 1 cup green beans, cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 cup basil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- On the stovetop, cook Tolerant Legume Pasta according to instructions.
- Add avocado, garlic powder, basil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to a food processor to make sauce and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook green beans and peas in boiling water until tender.
- Add pasta and vegetables to a large mixing bowl and coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition By Mia http://nutritionbymia.com/
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to keep up with my recipes nutrition guides, media segments and collaborations!
Sponsored by TOLERANT.